This is a living document.
Hello! This page is running from a public Dropbox text file with the true copy on my system, everything I do will be updated here. It saves the overhead of using any kind of CMS. That's the reason, I call it a living document.
- Moved AS to a new server running on DO, 30G/Ubuntu 14.04/1G RAM. Earlier it was running on AWS free tier.
- SSL is now in place, so all connections will stay private.
Public pages on AS shot server load over 60, I think it was due to too much load on Mongo. Now every night a Cron Job moves data from Mongo to MYSQL(running on a different loaction). Public pages are now populated by data from MYSQL.
Hourly tweets about AS statistics will now be running every two hours, which means, every even hour top 5 mentioners & brand will be notified.
- Cron Job to update AS sitemap. 5 past midnight, sitemap will be generated for the listing bots to index.
- Added 4G swap space on server. Node was restarting with out of memory error. Update: Less restarts now, but still there.
- Cron Job to remove all mongo documents which are older than two weeks.
- Populate dates on AS pages from database, earlier they were being generated from a loop. This implies, only the dates on which mentions to the brands was made, will be displayed on the page to be selected from.
- New table to distinguish monthly data on MYSQL.
Pie charts and line graphs will be created on an image using imagepng function in PHP language.
Here's how it looks.
The idea is to provide more information in the hourly tweets (which are now bihourly) than just plain text.
Update twitter statistics to me through telegram bot, i.e tweet count in DB today, unique brands talked about and tweet count in the last hour.
Get in touch.
Twitter - @codeoholic
Email - email@example.com